Read and browse
Follow the link to a section of The New York Times newspaper online called Teens and Ann Powers´ thoughts about the same issue.
Click on the link marked Who Are These People Anyway? Read the article. None of the kids mentioned is what many would consider a „typical teenager“. Write a paragraph to explain why.
- Submit this explanation to your teacher by e-mail, and go on to the next step of the project.
- Skim through all the other articles and choose at least three to read well that apply or appeal to you as a teen-ager.
- Read them thoroughly.
Take notes and use the following questions to aid you in your selection of information and points of view:
- What are the main characteristics of the kids in these articles?
- Are there any gender differences?
- Are there any differences due to age?
- Are there differences due to circumstances?
- What is positive about their lifestyle?
- What is negative?
- What problems do they face?
- What are their future prospects?
Submit your notes on the above questions in an e-mail to your teacher. Then go on to the next step.